When you visit the Sites or contact us through our website, we collect your Personal Data as the data controller. When we collect your Personal Data because our Customer has provided you with credentials to use our Platform, we collect your Personal Data as a service provider to the Customer and as a data processor. For more information about our role as a service provider to our Customers, please see the section titled “DataSeers Customers” below.
DataSeers is an Atlanta-based FinTech operating in the banking and payments space. Our AI-enhanced platform allows your organization to make sense out of its vast amounts of segregated and siloed data. FinanSeer provides thorough and actionable intelligence by operating a full suite of business verticals for payments: Reconciliation, Compliance, Fraud, and Analytics.
Information We Collect
We collect information, including personal information, to provide better Services to all our Users. We use the term “Personal Information” to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of Personal Information include: full name, email address, information about your device, and certain metadata.
You may choose to provide us with Personal Information about yourself, including your name, email, and phone number, when you complete forms on our website, such as when you request information about our services.
- Website Visitors
You may choose to provide us with Personal Data about yourself, including your name, organization name, title, phone number and email address by completing forms on our website. You may also provide us with Personal Data about yourself when you report a problem or have a question about our services.
When you visit our website, we collect certain information automatically, such as your operating system version, browser type, and internet service provider. We also collect information about your interaction with the Services, such as creating or logging into your account, when you use our Site, we automatically collect and store this information in service logs. This includes: details of how you used our Site; Internet protocol address; cookies that uniquely identify your browser, the referring web page and pages visited. We may also collect and process information about your actual location.
- Customer End User
If you are a User of the DataSeers platform, you or your employer may provide your contact details, such as an email address, for you to access a DataSeers account. As part of your business relationship with us, we may also receive Personal Information about you or your company. For more information about the types of information we process in our role as a service provider to our Customers, please see the section titled “DataSeers Customers” below.
You may also provide us with Personal Information in the following ways:
- Account Information. You may provide us with information in connection with the creation and management of your account for the Services, such as a name, physical address and email address, in order to establish a DataSeers account.
- Billing Information. If you have purchased a paid version of the Services, or if you make another financial transaction using our Services, we will collect financial information in order to complete the transaction and service
- Other Information. You may choose to provide us with information when you contact our customer support or report a problem or have a question about our services. You may also provide us with other personal information as part of your account profile, including your usernames and links to social media accounts. The Sites offer interactive and social features that permit you to submit content and communicate with other users. You may provide personal data to us when you post information in these interactive and social features. Please note that your postings in these areas of the Sites may be publicly accessible or accessible to other users.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your Personal Information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following purposes:
- To present, operate or improve the Site and Services, including analysis of Site activity.
- To inform you about Services and products available from DataSeers.
- To authorize access to our Sites and Services.
- To validate your identity or verify communications from you.
- To provide, maintain, administer or expand the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer.
- To communicate about, and administer your participation in, special programs, surveys, online campaigns, online programs, and other offers or promotions, and to deliver pertinent emails.
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services.
- For marketing purposes, including but not limited to, facilitating interest-based advertising, creating custom audiences to target online and mobile advertising, sending integrated marketing messages across channels and devices, personalizing email marketing that we send to you, sending you other promotional materials, and notifying you about special promotions, offers, events or opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- To improve our customer service, conduct customer satisfaction, market research, and quality assurance reviews.
- To respond to and support users regarding their use of the Sites and Services.
- To administer general recordkeeping.
- To verify your transactions, for purchase confirmation, billing, security and authentication (including security tokens for communication with installed Third-Party Apps).
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- For any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the point of collection of the personal information, for any purpose for which you provide your prior consent, or for any other lawful purpose.
We may use your Personal Information in furtherance of our legitimate interest to provide you with the Services offered by DataSeers. We may also use your information to manage our contractual relationship with you or to comply with our legal obligations.
To the extent we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, we will seek such consent at the time we collect your personal data. We may also use the Personal Information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our Sites or Services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising services. Our third-party advertising and analytics partners include Google Analytics, Salesforce, and similar partners.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of our services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Clickstream Data. Clickstream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Sites. Clickstream data may include information such as the page served, the time spent viewing the page, source of the request, type of browser making the request, the preceding page viewed and similar information. Clickstream data permits us to analyze how visitors arrive at the Sites, what type of content is popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content on the Sites.
Our Retention of Your Personal Information
We use and retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is being processed, to carry out legitimate business interests, as well as on the basis of applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Information will be deleted. If there is any data that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such data.
Sharing Personal Information
DataSeers may disclose your Personal Information to commercial providers for a business purpose. We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Commercial providers.
- Service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including without limitation those performing core services (such as billing, credit card processing, customer support services, customer relationship management, accounting, auditing, administering sweepstakes, surveys, advertising and marketing, analytics, email and mailing services, data storage, and security) related to the operation of our business and/or the Services, and making certain functionalities available to our users.
- Enterprise accounts, such as business customers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with the services we provide to you.
We may disclose your Personal Information for legal reasons. Specifically, we will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of DataSeers if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Fulfill any purpose for which you provide it, including to provide Services to you.
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, assets or safety of DataSeers, our Users or the public, content found on the Services, or to protect the Services from unauthorized use or misuse, as required or permitted by law.
- For any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information.
- When we obtain your consent to do so.
We attempt to notify you about legal demands for your Personal Information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
We are committed to complying with applicable laws, regulations and mandatory government standards regarding the protection of Personal Information. Countries where we process data may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country. If we transfer your Personal Information out of your jurisdiction, we will implement suitable safeguards and rely on legally provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders to ensure that your Personal Information is protected.
Your Privacy Choices
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Information, subject to local data protection law. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
Whenever you choose to visit our Site or use our Services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you or ask that we stop processing Personal Information about you. In addition, if you believe that Personal Information, we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law and our contractual obligations, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information. To submit these requests, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below, or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
Links to Other Websites
The Sites may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than DataSeers. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the User to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the User selects or software the User downloads (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the User will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. DataSeers strongly recommends that each User review the third party’s terms and policies.
If you have any questions about the privacy practices of other websites, you should contact the relevant parties controlling these websites for more information.
How We Protect Personal Information
DataSeers maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the user’s Personal Information and other information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we and/or our service providers use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and Secure Socket Layer software (SSL) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Information.
Although we take reasonable steps designed to protect your Personal Information, please be advised that no security system or means of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure (including without limitation with respect to computer viruses, malicious software and hacker attacks). We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information or any information you disclose or transmit to us. We are not responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions.
The Sites and Services are not designed or intended to be used by anyone under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our Sites or Services), do not use the Services, or make purchases via the Services, use any interactive features of the Services, or post any Personal Information to our Sites or submit any Personal Information via the Services. We do not knowingly or intentionally gather Personal information about children who are under the age of 16. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16 in the applicable jurisdiction, please contact us at: email@example.com If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible and cease the use of that information in accordance with applicable law.
Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
DataSeers does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
Information Collected Related to California Residents
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes. To make such a request you should send (a) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights,” or (b) a letter addressed to DataSeers, Inc., Attention: 3025 Windward Plaza, Ste 150, Alpharetta GA 30005. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
- DataSeers Customer Information. We collect information about individuals within our DataSeers Customer organization (“Customer Information”). Customer Information may include information related to the Customer’s account, name, work email address, work phone number, job title or similar kinds of information. We use Customer Information to support the Customer account, maintain our business relationship with the Customer, respond to Customer inquiries, or perform accounting functions. DataSeers Customers may update Personal Data and passwords by logging into the DataSeers Platform and updating their account. DataSeers Customer may contact DataSeers support in order to delete their Personal Data. In some cases, we may not be able to delete Customer Information, and in such cases, we will tell you why.
- Information about our Customers’ Contacts. We collect information about any contacts, such as practice groups, employees, insured parties, and others, that may be uploaded into the DataSeers Platform (“Information about our Customers’ Contacts”). Information about our Customers’ Contacts may include name, e-mail address, phone number, job title, or similar kinds of information. We use Information about our Customers’ Contacts for the purposes of providing Services to such contacts. DataSeers Customers may update or delete Information about their contacts in the DataSeers Platform. DataSeers Customers may also contact DataSeers support in order to update and delete such information. In some cases, we may not be able to delete such information, and in such cases, we will tell you why.
- Archival Information. We collect User information for archival purposes on behalf of, and as directed by, our DataSeers Customers. This information may include User Personal Data, User communications, among other forms of data or electronic communications (“Archival Information”). Our DataSeers Customer’s privacy policies or practices apply to Archival Information, the purposes for which the DataSeers Customer collects Archival Information, how the DataSeers Customer may use Archival Information and what choices the individual may have with respect to Archival Information. Individuals must contact the applicable DataSeers Customer in order to correct, amend, or delete their information, or to opt out of any collection, uses or disclosure of their information by our DataSeers Customer.
- Automatically Collected Information. We collect information automatically about how our DataSeers Customer use our services (“Automatically Collected Information”). We do this via data collection technologies such as cookies, web beacons, gifs or other tracking technologies. We collect this information in order to monitor, support and improve our services or to provide DataSeers Customers with certain customized features. We may use Automatically Collected Information to tell us how our DataSeers Customers use our services, to improve our services or develop new products, services or features. We may combine this information with other information we collect.
How to Contact Us
Via e-mail: email@example.com
By writing to us at:
3025 Windward Plaza, Ste 150
Alpharetta GA 30005